The 11th EU Turkey Civic Commission (EUTCC) conference, on EU, Turkey and the Kurds was held 10-11 December 2014 in the European Parliament, under the theme “THE CHAOS and CRISIS IN THE MIDDLE EAST: NEW REGIONAL ORDER AND THE KURDS“. The conference was opened with messages from Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu, Mr. Abdullah Öcalan and the president of the European Parliament, Mr. Martin Schulz. EU parliamentarians, civil society activists, journalists, academics and politicians from across Turkey, Europe, America and the Middle East attended the conference. The conference provided an opportunity for in depth discussions regarding the Kurdish question in Turkey. In particular it discussed the peace process between the Turkish state and the PKK.
You can find an archive of all the speeches, messages and videos from this years EUTCC conference here
1. PKK threatens to make content of settlement talks public
2. Turkey Rejects Autonomy in Peace Process with Kurds
3. South African women visit KJAR in Kandil
4. Women in tent cities get organised in the spirit of YPJ
5. 822 bodies in 47 mass graves in Siirt Continue reading